Culture & Recreation
Community and Corporate Partnerships
The Recreation and Culture department's Community and Corporate Partnerships program forms partnerships between the Town of Oakville's Recreation and Culture department and community businesses and organizations. Essential services are funded through the town; however, sponsorships, donations and advertising revenues make it possible for the town to expand its programs, services and initiatives while reducing the need for tax increases or additional user fees.
Projects and events
Local businesses, organizations, service clubs, community groups and individuals can provide support through cash contributions, in-kind services, joint promotions, and/or product donations. Below is a list of some of the initiatives that the town has provided thanks to the generous support from the community:
- Fee assistance for children and youth to participate in recreational programs.
- Youth Centre facility enhancements.
- Special events such as the Oakville Santa Claus Parade, Community Spirit Awards, Skate Across Canada Challenge and Make Your Move Family Day.
- Enhanced programming at the Oakville Centre, including some free and pay what you can performances.
- Naming opportunities are now available for the interior spaces at Sixteen Mile Sports Complex including ice surfaces, dressing rooms and multipurpose rooms.
Download the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex Community and Corporate Partnerships package (pdf, 161.7 kB).
Advertising in our facilities
In addition to support for programs and events, the Recreation and Culture department manages the sale of advertising space in our facilities. The following opportunities are available:
- Arena board advertising (pdf, 36.2 kB)
- Digital TV sign advertising (pdf, 33.56 kB)
- Download the Community and Corporate Partnerships request form (pdf, 32.98 kB).
Please call 905-845-6601, ext. 3841 if you have any questions regarding the Community and Corporate Partnerships program or to learn how you can get involved.
Advertising in the Parks, Recreation and Culture Brochure
We are now accepting advertising submissions for the 2012 Spring/Summer Parks, Recreation and Culture guide. Deadline for advertising submissions November 1, 2011.
Download the corporate advertising form (pdf, 91 kB) now!
- With 25,000 brochures published, the town's Parks, Recreation and Culture guide continues to be one of Oakville's most sought-after guides for program information.
- Advertisements are placed in the easily located advertising section of the guide and will be posted online as an interactive PDF with a direct link to your website!
- Advertise in full-colour at no extra cost! Colour ads should be saved as CMYK for colour accuracy, however exact colour match CANNOT be guaranteed.
- NEW! Your ad will be posted online! [link to interactive program guide, advertising]
Ads are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until advertising space is full. After November 1, 2011, ads will only be accepted if space permits.
Ad space is limited and submission before deadline date does not ensure ad placement. The Town of Oakville holds the right to judge acceptability of ad subject and quality.
Advertising submissions will not be accepted until payment and acceptable electronic artwork have been received.
Please note that electronic proofs and advertising receipts are sent by request only.
Who can purchase ad space?
Advertisers must be Oakville-based and recreation, leisure or education oriented, or a Town of Oakville Community and Corporate Partner. Inclusion of corporate advertising is at the discretion of the Town of Oakville.
Are you CORE member wishing to advertise or want more information about C.O.R.E.? Click here.
Are you looking for more prominent advertising space? Opportunities to advertise on the Parks, Recreation and Culture guide covers are available. For more information on brochure advertising, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-845-6601, ext. 3147.