2015 Livable by Design Awards — Submission Requirements
Please ensure the following items are included in your submission and that you meet eligibility requirements:
Provide a description of the design qualities, features, and context of the project and its contribution to the quality of the urban environment and public realm in Oakville. Describe how the project achieves the design objectives as expressed through the evaluation criteria.
Description is limited to 300 words and should be in MS Word or pdf format.
Submit project images to demonstrate the project’s evolution, from concept (design renderings) to completion (photos). Submission should include:
- rendered site plan, landscape plan and elevations (where applicable),
- photographs (a minimum of three and a maximum of 10)
- artist depiction or 3D modeling of the proposed project ( if available and limited to a maximum of three views)
Submission is limited to a maximum file size of 20 MB per image, with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, and as a .jpg or .tiff file.
Submissions will be accepted up to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
To submit your project, please use one of the following options:
- email all submission materials to LBDAwards@oakville.ca (please place project name and address in the subject line). For a submission package larger than 15MB, please send in multiple emails with a consistent subject line
- load all your submission material to a DVD/USB and either drop off or mail it to:
Town of Oakville, Town Hall
1225 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, ON L6H 0H3
Attn: Livable by Design Awards
Paper submissions will not be accepted.
Staff will review the submission for completeness and to ensure it meets the eligibility criteria.
Staff will make every effort to notify the nominator, prior to the close of the nomination period, if the submission is incomplete. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
At the close of the nomination period, staff will notify the nominators of projects that did not comply with the eligibility criteria and will not be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
All materials submitted to the Town of Oakville will become the property of the Town of Oakville and will not be returned to the applicant. Submission of materials implies consent for the Town of Oakville to disseminate such materials at the sole discretion of the town.