Rebecca-Dorval Special Policy Area Vision (DND Lands)
The results of a community visioning exercise undertaken in November, 2010 will shape the town's plan for the future use of the Rebecca-Dorval Special Policy Area. The Rebecca-Dorval Special Policy Area is the 6.6 hectare (16 ¼ acre) property at the northwest corner of Rebecca Street and Dorval Drive, formerly owned by the Department of National Defence (DND).
Livable Oakville designates the site as Low Density Residential, and also identifies it as a Special Policy Area (Schedule F) and Potential Residential Redevelopment Area (Section 26.1). The policies would permit residential redevelopment at an overall low density of up to 29 units per site hectare, detached and semi-detached homes, townhouses on the portion of the site next to Dorval Drive, and community uses.
Input received at the public workshop was provided to the Canada Lands Company to guide their redevelopment concepts for the area.
Documents from the November 18, 2010 public workshop
- Workshop Summary (pdf, 550 kB)
- Agenda (pdf, 384 kB)
- Presentation (pdf, 2.1 MB)
- Livable Oakville – Summary of Key Policies (pdf, 33 kB)
- Livable Oakville – Excerpts (pdf, 122 kB)
- Workbook – Discussion Questions (pdf, 79 kB)
- Information for Question 2 (pdf, 722 kB)
- Information for Question 3 (pdf, 627 kB)
- Information for Question 4 (pdf, 1 MB)
For more information contact:
Lesley E. Gill Woods, Planner
Planning Services Department
905-845-6601, ext. 3261