Trafalgar Road Corridor Planning Study
The final study report (pdf, 2.1 MB), along with a recommendation report for an official plan amendment (OPA) to implement the study’s recommendations, will be presented to Planning and Development Council on Monday, March 17, 2014 at 7 p.m. in the Council Chamber at Town Hall, 1225 Trafalgar Road. The recommendation report will be available for review on the Agendas and Minutes page by March 10, 2014. Questions may be directed to: Diane Childs, Manager, Policy Planning, email@example.com
This study will examine land uses and identify opportunities for intensification and redevelopment along Trafalgar Road between Midtown Oakville and the Uptown Core.
The Livable Oakville Plan states that the lands on either side of Trafalgar Road, between the QEW and Dundas Street, should be studied to identify:
- opportunities for intensification linked to future transit improvements
- appropriate land use policies to accommodate the intensification opportunities
The Trafalgar Road Corridor Planning Study will:
- assess the Livable Oakville Plan policies and make recommendations for new or revised policies, where appropriate
- consider development through an analysis of land use, scale, built form and compatibility, as well as the provision of transit, roads, cycling facilities, parks and services (e.g., water, wastewater, stormwater and hydro)
- set out a planning framework for appropriate land uses to support improved transit service
The study area (pdf, 8.5 MB) is focused along Trafalgar Road between the QEW and Dundas Street. Large, underutilized, properties with frontage on Trafalgar Road have the greatest potential for change. Portions of the adjacent neighbourhoods, which have less potential for change, are included in the study area for context. Key sites within the study area include Oakville Place, Town Hall, Sheridan College and commercial plazas along Trafalgar Road.
In Oakville, most of Trafalgar Road is a Regional Road under the jurisdiction of Halton Region. The Region’s ongoing Trafalgar Road Corridor Study (Oakville) – Environmental Assessment Study is about Trafalgar Road from Cornwall Road to Highway 407. That study is looking at a number of road improvement alternatives including widening and reconstructing the road, improving intersections, high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes and the impacts of such improvements on the social and natural environments. Comments about the road should be directed to Halton Region.
Council received the Study Terms of Reference (pdf, 293 kB) on February 4, 2013.
- Staff Report – October 21, 2013 (pdf, 528 kB)
- Preliminary Report (pdf, (pdf, 6.8 MB)
- Public Meeting Report – Proposed Official Plan Amendment – January 13, 2014 (pdf, 2.8 MB)
Get involved and be heard!
Visit this page for information about upcoming events, meetings and opportunities to submit your comments. You can also sign up for our project mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Open House 1 – June 24, 2013
Over 60 people attended the first open house to learn about the study and share their ideas about intensification opportunities and challenges along Trafalgar Road between the QEW and Dundas Street. You may submit your comments about development to: email@example.com
- Display Panels (pdf, 1.8 MB)
- Area Photos (pdf, 8.3 MB)
- Study Process (pdf, 275 kB)
- Comment Sheet (pdf, 138 kB)
Open House 2 – October 23, 2013 (pdf, 2.7 MB)
Sixteen residents attended the second open house to learn more about the study, provide feedback on the key opportunity sites and share ideas on future land uses and built form along the Trafalgar Road corridor.
- Display Panels (pdf, 2.6 MB)
Open House 3 and Public Meeting – January 13, 2014 (pdf, 484 kB)
The public meeting report and proposed official plan amendment may be found in the “Study documents” section of this page.
Diane Childs, Manager, Policy Planning
Planning Services Department
905-845-6601, ext. 3986