The Town of Oakville has four community gardens with plots available for rent:
- Kingsford Gardens – Sherwood Heights Drive and Kinsgsway Drive, east of Ford Drive
- Lyons Lane – Lyons Lane and the South Service Road, east of Kerr Street
- Memorial Park - Central Park Drive, west of Trafalgar - to be opened in Spring 2017
- Shell Park – Lakeshore Road West between Great Lakes Boulevard and Chalmers Street, east of Burloak Drive
Garden plots are open between May 7 and October 31 for non-commercial use only. Due to the high demand, the above locations are available to Oakville residents only. To place your name on a waitlist for one of the gardens, register for a garden plot online.
Memorial Park Garden - Opening Spring 2017
In the spring of 2017 a new allotment garden will open in Memorial Park. The garden will have 56 standard plots and 7 accessible raised planter beds. Accessible planter tables remove physical barriers and provide an opportunity for people of all abilities to participate.
All planter tables and standard plots are currently rented for the 2017 season. For more information on Memorial Park's development and amenities, visit the Memorial Park page.
The 2017 rental fee is $83.43 per plot or planter (tax included).
Register for a garden plot waitlist online. Please note that it can take anywhere from one to two years to obtain a plot at your garden of choice
Tenants are responsible for maintaining their garden plots throughout the season, including watering, pruning, harvesting, fertilizing and pest/disease control. We offer the following services to tenants:
- On-site water and disposal bins
- Spring bed preparation (weeding, removal of loose debris) for new tenants only
- Spring rototilling
For more information contact ServiceOakville