Glen Abbey offers swimming lessons and specialty aquatics programs for all ages and abilities, recreational swimming and drop-in Waterfit.
Glen Abbey pool is available to rent and can include use of the waterslide and refreshment room. Check out our Birthday Party packages!
Pool features include:
- A 25-metre, four-lane leisure pool
- Conversation pool
- Water slide
- Wheel chair accessible ramp into the pool
- Stair access to the pool
- Capacity of 150 people
Arenas (ice and floor pads)
Oakville’s arenas boast a variety of on-ice activities including recreational skating, Oakville Hockey Development programs, the Oakville Recreational Hockey League, and rental opportunities. Check out our Birthday Party packages!
Ice facilities at Glen Abbey Community Centre include:
- Blue Rink, 190 by 85 feet, capacity 160 on ice
- Green Rink, 190 by 85 feet, capacity 160 on ice
Community centre rooms and gymnasia
Glen Abbey Community Centre has the following rooms and gymnasium available for rent. Check out our Birthday Party packages! For more information about bookings and availability, please visit the Community Centres page.
- Community Room A: Large rate, holds approximately 60
- Community Room B: Medium rate, holds approximately 40
- Community Room C: Medium rate, holds approximately 55
- Mezzanine: Small rate, holds approximately 15
- Gymnasium: Double rate, 56 by 93 feet
Glen Abbey Community Centre offers a wide variety of fitness programs including fitness classes, group cycling, fitness assessments, personal training and nutritional counselling. Visit the drop-in fitness schedule page.
The facility features a sprung wood aerobics floor, cardio equipment, circuit and weight training equipment, a pool, and squash and racquetball courts. Members can book a squash court online by logging in to the tool on this page.
Save with Swim/Skate Passes, Fitness Memberships, and more!
Want to get access to more than 75 drop-in Waterfit and fitness classes every week and all four Town of Oakville fitness centres as well? Check out our Fitness Memberships! The Full Fitness membership is your best value, with access to all recreational swims and skates, squash and racquetball courts, drop-in rock climbing, shinny hockey, and more! Discounts for seniors and students.
A Swim/Skate membership gives you access to all indoor and outdoor pools and arenas during recreational swim and skate times. Waterfit participation options include pay-as-you-go or 10-visit punch cards. Visit the Public Swimming and Waterfit page for more information.
Private/Semi-Private Yoga or Pilates classes
Looking to learn the basics or perfect your form for yoga, Pilates or both? Our certified instructors will choose poses that are most beneficial for your personal health and fitness goals. Book a private session or take a semi-private class with your child (ages 5+), partner or friend.
All of our Pilates programs are:
- Taught by certified instructors
- Based on contemporary versions of the original Pilates method developed by Joseph Pilates
- Designed to improve mind/body awareness, alignment, flexibility, posture, balance, range of motion and core strength
- Designed to sculpt long, lean muscles
- Suitable for men and women of all fitness levels
Private and semi-private yoga and Pilates classes are offered at Glen Abbey Community Centre (please call 905-845-6601, ext. 3568 for more information) or Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre (please call 905-845-6601, ext.4609 for more information).