Your harbours. Your view.
- Providing recommendations on improved public access, better connections to surrounding neighbourhoods, recreational amenities and priorities for both harbours.
- Determining the future use of the Bronte Marina Building (formally Metro Marine)
- Updating the Oakville Harbours Strategic Business Plan (pdf)
- Identifying potential options for future harbour growth.*
*Please note: If Council decides at a later date to explore the possibility of adding a marina, further study including an Environmental Assessment (EA) will be required.
Engaging with you is critical to the success of the Harbours Master Plan. Please visit the Harbours Master Plan engagement page to find out who we've consulted so far, what we've heard and how you can share your harbour view.
Draft key directions
Based on research and consultation up to this point, the following draft key directions for the Harbours Master Plan have been identified:
- Connect the harbours with their urban centres
- Balance and respect for all users
- Clear public access
- Shared space for vehicle access and parking
- Beautiful amenities
- Enhance wayfinding and signage
- Protect natural features
- Identify and preserve cultural heritage landscapes
- Financial responsibility in harbour operations
We’re always looking for your comments and ideas. Contact us at email@example.com. If you would like to receive the latest updates and public engagement notifications sent directly to your inbox, enter your email address below.
Background reports and studies
Recreational Boating Feasibility and Capacity Study
Oakville Harbour West Shore Master Plan, 2008 (pdf, 8.4 MB)
Bronte Harbour Master Plan, 1999 (pdf, 3.7 MB)
Oakville Harbour Master Plan, 1994 (pdf, 7.9 MB)