Oakville Hockey Development (OHD)
Oakville’s Hockey Development program is dedicated to training young players at recreational and competitive levels. Our group of knowledgeable, experienced and dedicated instructors focus on individual skill development and offer young players a competitive edge.
More about Oakville Hockey Development programs
These programs are consistently re-evaluated and developed so they are fun, yet challenging to help our students achieve personal success and gain confidence. Girls-only programs are offered at Joshua's Creek Arenas with all-female instructors.
Click on a link below or continue reading for more information. Program offerings for the 2013-2014 fall/winter season include:
- OHD Hockey Skills (Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3)
- OHD Power Skating (Level 1 or Level 2)
- OHD Girls' Hockey Shooter Pad Lessons (NEW! Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3)
- OHD Hockey Shooter Pad Lessons (NEW! Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3)
- OHD Hockey Goalie Pad Lessons (NEW! Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3)
- Holiday Hockey Camp – Tykes (ages 5-7), Junior (ages 8-10), or Senior (ages 11-13)
- March Break Hockey Camp – Tykes (ages 5-7), Juniors (ages 8-10) or Seniors (ages 11-13)
- NEW! March Break Hornets Girls Hockey Camp – Junior (ages 7-9) or Senior (ages 10-12)
- NEW! March Break Hornets Girls Hockey Goalie Camp – Junior (ages 7-9) or Senior (ages 10-12)
- OHD Private Shooter/Goalie Pad Lessons (booked by request)
- OHD Semi-Private Shooter/Goalie Pad Lessons (booked by request)
OHD Hockey Skills programs
OHD Hockey Skills programs are the perfect option for children who want to try the sport or are currently playing house league hockey. These classes provide three levels of ‘drills and skills’ instruction, HIGH FIVE® certified staff, and a ratio of one instructor per 10 participants on a full ice surface. Instructors emphasize personal achievement and participation.
OHD Shooter Pad registered group programs
The main goal of this five-week OHD shooter pad program is skill development for the house league player (ages 6-12). We begin by instilling good habits in isolated training, which creates a solid foundation for skilled puck handling and shooting.
OHD Goalie Pad registered programs
The Goalie Pad program offers a unique, personalized approach to goaltender training in three levels. Participants work one-on-one with a qualified instructor in a controlled, structured setting. They will get a great workout combined with an intense learning experience. On-ice instruction covers technique, angle adjustments, balance, butterfly and stand-up styles, and rebound control.
Private and semi-private programs
Email email@example.com to book semi-private ($45/hour) and private ($85/hour) shooter and goalie pad lessons.