Outdoor Ice Rinks
The town maintains several outdoor neighbourhood skating rinks for your winter enjoyment. These are unsupervised, use at your own risk, recreational rinks. CSA approved hockey helmets are recommended. Outdoor rinks are only open for use if weather conditions allow for rink preparation and ongoing maintenance.
Current Rink Conditions
Due to above average temperatures, all outdoor neighbourhood skating rinks will now be closed for the 2016-2017 season.
Outdoor rinks are located at:
- Clearview Park – Clearview
- Langtry Park – Glen Abbey (west of Third Line)
- Nottinghill Park – Glen Abbey (east of Third Line)
- Falgarwood Park – Iroquois Ridge
- Glenashton Park – Iroquois Ridge
- Bloomfield Park – West Oak Trails
- Sixteen Hollow Park – West Oak Trails
- Millbank Park – Uptown Core
- Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park - Bronte Road and Ontario Street
- Windrush Park - Glen Abbey (east of Third Line) - outdoor lighting until 11pm
- Wallace Park - South Central Oakville - outdoor lighting until 11pm
Skating is not recommended on all other ponds and creeks.
If your neighbourhood wants to establish a rink other than those listed above, it is the residents’ responsibility to maintain the rink. Open the neighbourhood ice rink request form (pdf, 15 kB).
For more information contact ServiceOakville