Culture and Recreation News and Events
Sign up for Recreation and Culture e-newsletters
Get the latest news about programs and events for all ages, and special offers, from the Recreation and Culture department delivered directly to your inbox!
Subscribe now or change your subscription settings at any time by entering your email address in the "Join our email list" box and following the steps provided.
For a full list of Town of Oakville subscriptions and feedback options available, please visit the Newsletters, Surveys and Feedback Forms page.
Questions or concerns about your subscription or our Recreation and Culture e-newsletter? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Active Oakville!
Online Drop-in Recreation Program Finder
Wondering what recreation programs are happening right NOW? Active Oakville is a new online tool that will make it easier for you to find the most convenient time and place to get active and have fun.
Click the Active Oakville Drop-in Program Finder image to search for weekly drop-in fitness classes, swim and skate schedules, and more from the comfort of wherever you happen to be. Active Oakville displays drop-in programs available on a weekly basis.
This application can be viewed on all devices. Simply visit the web page and then bookmark or add it to your home screen for easy access.
A Valentine’s Day Card the kids will love!
Take advantage of our Valentine’s Day swim/skate passes for the reduced price of $5 for 10 cards — that’s only 50 cents per swim or skate! For ages 2-14. Passes can be redeemed from February 14 to April 30, 2017.
These Valentine’s Day cards are available for purchase at:
- Centennial Pool
- Glen Abbey Community Centre
- Iroquois Ridge Community Centre
- Joshua’s Creek Arenas
- River Oaks Community Centre
- Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
- Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre
- White Oaks Pool
- Town Hall
Get ready to hit the links in the spring with our specialized golf programs at River Oaks!
The Town of Oakville's four-week golf programs, offered in conjunction with David Fritz Golf Academy, will get you in the swing of things before spring! Participants work on balance, hand-eye coordination and their golf swing in a group setting. Sign up today:
- In Golf – Active Start (ages 4-6), children work on athletic movements, balance, hand-eye coordination and their golf swing using special equipment that is lighter and easy for young golfers to handle. If children have their own clubs they are encouraged to bring them. Child registers and one parent or guardian must accompany them for the class.
- Golf – Learn to Play (ages 7-9) participants will work on balance, speed, hand-eye coordination and athletic development to form the basis for a sound golf swing.
- Spend quality time together while learning a skill that will last a lifetime! All aspects of the great game of golf will be covered by a qualified PGA professional in Golf – Parent and Child. Parent (ages 18+) registers but attends with one child (ages 7+).
- Golf – Get Ready (ages 18+) is a unique program geared towards adult novice and beginner golfers. Designed to teach everything you’ll need to play golf in just a few lessons, students will gain an understanding of the different aspects of the game, etiquette and rules.
Tell us how we’re doing!
We value your input and want to hear about your personal experiences with our recreation and culture programs and facilities.
Following Recreation and Culture’s commitment to continuously improve our programs and services, an electronic customer feedback system has been introduced to our registered programs participants.
If you are currently registered in one of our programs, you will be emailed a short survey after the last class for your candid feedback. This is your chance to tell us what we’re doing right and where we might need to do better to improve service to our customers.
Not currently enrolled in a program, but want to share your thoughts? Simply email email@example.com or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter!
Be sure to check your inbox after your last class. We look forward to hearing from you!