Using less electricity and natural gas will save you money and help improve our impact on the environment. Conserving energy reduces the need to produce energy from non-renewable sources and improves our air quality.
Oakville Conserves Energy Fair
The seventh annual Oakville Conserves Energy Fair was on May 25, 2013, at Oakville Town Hall.
Town of Oakville Environmental Policy
Town of Oakville Roads and Works
Halton Environmental Network
Qantas Building Science
Power Save Solutions
Solar Ontario Ltd.
Amvic Building Systems
Windfall Ecology Centre
Saturday, March 23, 2013
8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
We're in, are you? Earth Hour is an annual global lights-out initiative created by the World Wildlife Fund to demand action on climate change. Join the movement! For one hour:
- Turn off the lights
- Turn down the thermostat
- Unplug the TV, DVD player, microwave, clock radio and computer ... and enjoy the quiet.
- To sign up or for more information visit the Earth Hour website.
Open and print the Earth Hour poster (pdf, 2 MB) and display at your school, office or home!
What you can do to conserve energy!
For energy conservation tips at home open How To Conserve Energy At Home (pdf, 5.2 MB).
Borrow an energy meter to find out about your energy use. See below for more information.
For energy conservation tips for businesses open How To Conserve Energy At Business (pdf, 2.9 MB)
Watt Not, Waste Not Program
The town encourages residents to conserve energy!
In August 2007, the town's Environmental Policy department and Oakville Public Library launched a new program that allows residents to borrow energy meters to test their home appliances for energy usage.
Residents can borrow a meter from any of the town's six libraries and return the meter to any branch free of charge:
- Central Branch Library - 120 Navy Street
- Clearview Branch Library – 2860 Kingsway Drive
- Glen Abbey Branch Library - 1415 Third Line
- Iroquois Ridge Branch Library - 1051 Glenashton Drive
- White Oaks Branch Library - 1070 McCraney Street East
- Woodside Branch Library - 1274 Rebecca Street
Fill out the Watt Not, Waste Not survey.
For more information on how to conserve energy click through the following links: