Partners for Climate Protection
The Partners for Climate Change Protection (PCP) Milestone Program supports municipal government commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) at the corporate and community level. Currently, 250 municipalities across Canada have committed themselves to achieving the five milestones of the PCP.
The Five Milestones are:
- Complete an emissions inventory and forecast
- Set a reduction target
- Develop a local action plan
- Implement the local action plan
- Measure progress and report results
Corporate Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Target Update (2015- 2050)
In 2015, Town Council adopted updated short and long-term GHG emissions targets for corporate operations.
Long-Term: A corporate GHG emission reduction of 80% below 2014 levels by 2050;
Short-Term: A corporate greenhouse gas per capita emission reduction of 20% below 2014 levels by 2030, and the following sub targets:
- 30% per capita reduction in Building Emissions from 2014 levels by 2030;
- 10% per capita in Fleet Emissions from 2014 levels by 2030; and
- 40% per capita reduction in Street Light Emissions from 2014 levels by 2030.
2004 - 2014 PCP Milestone Completion
The town has completed milestones 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for corporate operations. The GHG emissions target for corporate operations was 20 per cent below 2004 levels by 2014 and
The town has completed milestones 1, 2, and 3 for the community. The community target is six per cent below 2004 levels by 2014
Related documents and staff reports detailing the town's participation in the PCP program are available below.
- Milestone 1 and 2 GHG Emissions Inventory and Reduction Target (pdf, 1.46 MB)
- Milestone 3 Corporate Local Action Plan (pdf, 4.99 MB)
- Milestone 3 Community Energy Plan (Appendix D) (pdf, 2.27 MB)
- May 2004 Oakville's Participation in Partners for Climate Protection (pdf, 310 kB)
- January 2010 Energy Management and Partners for Climate Protection (pdf, 5.66 MB)
- May 2010 Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Options Report (pdf, 794 kB)
- June 2011 Partners for Climate Protection Update Report (pdf, 766 kB)
- December 2012 Partners for Climate Protection Program Report (pdf, 1.15 MB)
- January 2014 Corporate Energy Management Report (pdf, 1.62 MB)
- November 2015 Partners for Climate Protection Update Report (pdf, 4.65 MB)