Grand Boulevard Culvert Replacement at Wedgewood Creek
The town is replacing a culvert that conveys Wedgewood Creek under Grand Boulevard. Construction started June 2016. Grand Boulevard at Wedgewood Creek will be closed to all car and pedestrian traffic from July 2, 2016. The road closure will be extended until September 26, 2016.
The proposed work includes:
- excavation of the roadway, removal of existing culvert and gabion baskets
- installation of a new precast concrete culvert, concrete footings, precast wingwalls
- channel improvements upstream and downstream of culvert
- replacement of storm sewer pipe
- reinstatement of road, sidewalks, traffic island and site restoration
Public information centre
The Town of Oakville held a public information centre on May 10, 2016. For more information please visit the news and notices page.
Review a pdf copy of the Grand Boulevard Culvert public information centre notice (pdf, 592 kB)
Review a copy of the boards and drawings that were presented at the public meeting:
For more information regarding this project please contact:
Kasia Piskorz - Project Leader - Capital Projects
Engineering and Construction Department
905-845-6601, ext. 3533