Noise Wall Replacement - Sherwood Heights Drive
Winston Churchill Blvd to Gibson Drive
The Noise Wall Reconstruction Project aims to replace the existing wooden noise wall with a PVC noise wall fence. The location of the noise wall is on Sherwood Heights Drive between Winston Churchill Boulevard and Gibson Drive.
In 2016, the wall between Will Scarlett Drive and Gibson Drive will be removed and replaced.
Work to be done:
- Tree protection fencing to be installed for duration of construction
- Existing wooden noise wall to be removed
- Existing masonry columns to be removed
- Tuf-Barrier, PVC reflective vertical board system to be installed
- Sod to be restored to original condition
The noise wall between Winston Churchill Boulevard and Will Scarlett Drive was removed and replaced in 2014.
The Town of Oakville held a public information meeting on June 24, 2014. Review a copy of the presentation boards (pdf, 1 MB) for the public meeting.