Parking limits and rates
Paid parking areas may be found in Downtown Oakville and Kerr Village. Hours of operation and the maximum length of allowed parking time varies with the location of the parking lot or space. Each location has an hourly rate posted. Please check the meter/machine where you park for the rates and times available at that parking location.
Quick facts on paid parking
- Hours of operation: Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Parking is free Sunday, on holidays and after 6 p.m. Monday to Saturday
- Parking meters and pay and display machines will be found on-street
- Parking lots have pay-by-plate machines which require the entry of your license plate during the payment process
- payment by coin only
- accept $.25, $1, $2 coins only
- may be found on side streets throughout Downtown Oakville and Kerr village
Pay and Display (on-street)/Pay by Plate machines (parking lots)
- All coins accepted
- Payment may be made also by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discovery
- Payment at Pay and Display machines requires the payment stub to be displayed on the car dash
- Payment at Pay by Plate machines require your license plate to be entered. Payment stub is not required to be displayed
- Solar powered
- Have electronic display
- Easy to use
Different paid parking locations in the downtown districts offer various parking durations. Other locations not listed offer various allowed limits to park. Please read machine to confirm the hourly rate and the maximum length of time allowed to park. Meters accept coins only.
Report a repair or maintenance issue
On occasion you may find an issue with making payment at the parking meter/machine. If you are at a pay and display machine please use the closest machine to where you are parked to make payment.
Report repair or maintenance issues by:
- phone: 905-845-6601 during business hours between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- email: email@example.com after business hours
If you call to Parking during business hours staff will work to assist you with the issues you report to them.
The following information will be required for the report:
- location of the parking meter or pay and display/pay by plate machine.
- the meter number listed on the parking meter
- the number listed on the pay and display/pay by plate machine
Regular maintenance of the machines is performed based on electronic alerts along with routine checks of the parking equipment and meters. If a report comes in from the public regarding an equipment issue our maintenance team is dispatched out to the location to check the problem.