Road corridor permits are required for the following activities or projects. For more information please contact the Engineering and Construction department at 905-845-6601, ext. 3302 or

Driveway permits

A completed application form, together with a drawing or sketch, to scale, must be submitted when applying for a driveway permit. A driveway permit will be required for the following activities:

  • Constructing a new driveway entrance onto a town roadway
  • Altering an existing driveway
  • Constructing driveway curbs on the road allowance
  • Constructing a second driveway to permit a circular driveway

Private use of public roads

According to the town's Use of Municipal Right of Ways and Municipal Parking Lots policy and related procedures, and the Use of Roads by-law (pdf), owners or tenants with a property that abuts public road allowances are prohibited from doing the following:

  • Constructing parking lots, walls, fences, gate posts, light posts, signs, planter boxes and underground sprinkler systems
  • Placing large rocks, berms and contoured landscaping
  • Planting hedges, bushes and trees