Studies & Plans
Environmental assessments, engineering studies and designs
Major municipal construction projects are sometimes preceded by a pre-engineering study or an environmental assessment study.
For review current design and construction projects please visit the Design and Construction Projects and Standards page.
Downtown Oakville Transportation and Streetscape Study
The Town of Oakville has recently released a final draft of the Downtown Oakville Transportation and Streetscape Study. To review the final draft report please visit the Downtown Transportation and Streetscape Study page.
Environmental assessment studies scheduled to begin or currently underway
- Coronation Park Drainage Improvements Class Environmental Assessment
- Lakeshore Road West Improvements Class Environmental Assessment
- Burloak Drive Grade Separation - Metrolinx
Projects coordinated with the Halton Region
To review projects currently coordinated with The Region of Halton please visit the Halton Region website for more details.
Recently completed traffic engineering studies
- Transportation Master Plan - Switching Gears 2031
- 2016 Pedestrian Crossover Conversion Program (pdf, 1.2 MB)
- Pedestrian Signal Warrant Review (pdf, 4.6 MB)
- Great Lakes Boulevard Mini Roundabout Report (pdf, 2.7 MB)
- Sedgewick Crescent Traffic Calming Report (pdf, 700 kB)
- 2015 Oakville Road System Report (pdf, 6.8 MB)
Recently completed environmental assessment studies
- Sixth Line Class Enviromental Assessment - Dundas Street to New Burnhamthorpe Road
- Midtown Class Environmental Assessment
- Third Line extension North of Dundas Street
- Fourth Line Class Environmental Assessment (Speers Road to North Service Road)
- Speers Road Environmental Assessment Study (Bronte Road to Kerr Street)
- Kerr Sreet Grade Separation, Environmental Assessment Study
- Transportation Environmental Study Report - Highway 403 and Queen Elizabeth Way Improvements
- Deer Run Avenue Laneway Access Class Environmental Assessment
- College Park Transportation Study
- Burnhamthorpe Road Character Study & Class Environmental Assessment - Ninth Line to Sixteen Mile Creek
Noise studies and noise attenuation programs
- Road Corridor Noise Abatement Procedure for Town Roads.
- Noisewalls – Region of Halton Noise Abatement Program
Engineering and Construction 10-year capital forecast
For more information contact:
Engineering and Construction
905-845-6601, ext. 3398 or 3302