Boards & Committees
Council draws on the expertise of citizen volunteer members of boards and committees to provide input on matters within the town.
Council invites you to volunteer your time and experience to participate on boards and committees. All Oakville residents are encouraged to get involved promoting and strengthening the sense of community, diversity and multiculturalism.
Who is eligible?
Oakville property owners and/or residents, 18 years of age or older are invited to apply.
At this time, Council has determined not to fill the vacancies on Accessibility Advisory Committee (3) and Oakville Public Library Board (1).
Application and selection process
Applications for appointment are submitted to the Clerk’s department. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application has been received. All applications are submitted to Administrative Services Committee for review. The committee may decide to interview applicants, after which recommendations for appointments are forwarded to Council for approval. All applicants will be advised of Council’s final appointments.
Apply online using the Advisory Boards and Committees online application form.
Committee applications are available in alternate format upon request. All application forms will be kept on file for the term of Council.
For more information, contact Kathy Patrick at 905-338-4235, the Clerk's department at 905-815-6015 or email email@example.com.
Related policies and procedures
Please review the following Town of Oakville policies before applying for a committee:
Boards, Committees, Agencies, Associations and Community Groups Policy: G-BRD-002
Creation, Amendment and Dissolution of Advisory Boards and Committee Procedure: G-BRD-002-001
Citizen Appointment Procedure: G-BRD-002-004
Respectful Conduct Policy: HR-MNG-008
- Number of citizen positions: 10
- Note: The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, states that the majority of members must be persons with disabilities.
- Meeting times: second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.
- Accessibility Advisory Committee Terms of reference (pdf, 53 kB)
- Town of Oakville's Accessibility page
Committee of Adjustment
- Number of citizen positions: 5
- Meeting times: second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
- Committee of Adjustment Terms of reference (pdf, 75 kB)
- Town of Oakville's Committee of Adjustment page
Community Spirit Awards Selection Committee
- Number of citizen positions: 4
- Meeting time: as required
- Community Spirit Awards Selection Committee Terms of reference (pdf, 73 kB)
- Number of citizen positions: 9
- Meeting times: second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 9:30 a.m.
- Heritage Oakville Committee Terms of reference (pdf, 60 kB)
- Town of Oakville's Heritage Planning page
Property Standards Committee
- Number of citizen positions: 3 members and 3 alternates
- Meeting times: daytime meetings held with short notice as required
- Property Standards Committee Terms of reference (pdf, 48 kB)