Environmental Strategic Plan
To prioritize energy management in all town departments, optimize energy usage in facilities, provide access to energy information to all employees responsible for energy management, and minimize the impact of increases in energy costs.
Council approved the first Environmental Strategic Plan (ESP) in December 2005 to help improve the environment in Oakville. The plan provides opportunities for residents, environmental groups, commercial interests, industry, community associations, educators and other community stakeholders to identify what they can do to protect and improve their environment, along with the Town of Oakville.
Progress on the implementation of the plan is reported annually to Council.
In December 2011, an update to the ESP was approved by Council. This update reflects the success of the accomplishments to date and sets out new actions for the next five years. The update draws from a series of community focus sessions, the results of the 2009 Community Attitudes Survey, and the actions set out in the town’s other master plans. It also takes into account actions related to the Climate Change Adaption Strategy currently in progress, and the Community Energy Plan that was developed as part of the Partners for Climate Protection program.
- 2011 Environmental Strategic Plan update (pdf, 5 MB)
- 2011 Environmental Strategic Plan summary (pdf, 59kB)
- 2005 Environmental Strategic Plan (pdf, 6 MB)
- Community Attitudes Survey (pdf, 353 kB)
ESP Implementation status reports:
- Let's Go Green Together annual report 2014 (pdf, 1.4 MB)
- 2014 annual report to Council (pdf, 127 kB)
- Let's Go Green Together annual report 2013 (pdf, 550 kB)
- 2013 annual report to Council (pdf, 2.5 MB)
- Let's Go Green Together Annual Report 2012 (pdf, 806 kB)
- 2012 annual report to Council (pdf, 1.7 MB)
- Annual report to Council 2011 (pdf, 61 kB)
- Let's Go Green Together annual report 2010 (pdf, 451 kB)
- Let's Go Green Together annual report 2009 (pdf, 496 kB)
- Let's Go Green Together annual report 2008 (pdf, 517 kB)
- Implementation status report 2007 (pdf, 708 kB)
- Implementation status 2006 (pdf, 980 kB)
Please email comments about the ESP to email@example.com or mail to:
Environmental Strategic Plan Comments
c/o Environmental Policy Department
Town of Oakville
1225 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, ON L6H 0H3