Fees & Development Charges
On February 15, 2013, the town released to the public the Development Charge Background Study, prepared by Watson and Associates Economists Ltd., which includes the town's Development Charge By-law 2013-020. A public meeting was held on February 27, 2013, at Town Hall. The study, Addendum No.1 to the study and proposed by-law were considered and approved by Town Council on March 4, 2013, with an effective date of March 5, 2013.
- Development Charge Background Study (pdf, 2.1 MB)
- Development Charge Background Study - Addendum No. 1, dated March 4, 2013 (pdf, 2.8 MB)
Purpose of development charges
The general purpose for which development charges are being imposed is to assist in providing infrastructure required by future development in the Town of Oakville by establishing a viable capital funding source to meet the town's financial requirements. By-law 2013-020 is the current development charge by-law for the Corporation of the Town of Oakville. The town's development charge rates are indexed annually on April 1 in accordance with the by-law.
Current development charge by-laws and rates
- Development Charges brochure (pdf, 21 kB)
- Development Charges rate schedule (pdf, 15 kB)
- Development Charges By-law 2013-020 (pdf, 689 kB)
Applicants should review the by-law and consult with the town’s Financial Planning department to determine the applicable charges that may apply to specific development proposals. For further information, please contact the Development Finance Clerk at 905-338-4196 or email DCForms@oakville.ca.
- Unconditional Irrevocable Letter of Credit Template (pdf, 15 kB)
- Non-Residential Development Charge Application Form (pdf, 90 kB)