Liquor Sales Licence
The Clerk’s department assists applicants by completing the Municipal Information Form as part of the new licence application. Staff circulate the information to Town Council, departments and outside government agencies to collect comments that may be addressed in a response back to the applicant and the AGCO.
To process your Municipal Information Form (MIF) follow the steps below:
1. Complete the top portion of the Municipal Information Form.
2. Provide drawings of your establishment (sample drawing). They can be hand drawn, but must show the following:
a. Where your business is located – cross streets
b. Where alcohol will be served or consumed – include dimensions of the serving area
c. If you are serving liquor on a patio – include dimensions and location of the patio
3. Pay the non-refundable administration fee of $100.00 (subject to annual budget approval), payable by cash, debit, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, certified cheque or money order.
4. We will circulate the application to:
- Town & Regional Councillors of the ward in which the establishment is located;
- Halton Regional Police; and
- Various departments within the town.
Applicants will be reminded to contact:
- Building Services –1225 Trafalgar Road, 2nd Floor;
- Fire Department - 1144 South Service Road West (between third and fourth line); and
- Health Department– Region of Halton, 1151 Bronte Road.
Application process could take up to 30 days to complete.
Temporary Liquor Licence Extensions
The Clerk’s department reviews notification for temporary liquor licence extensions. Staff circulate the information to Town Council, departments and outside government agencies to collect comments that may be addressed in a response back to the applicant and the AGCO.
A temporary liquor licence extension would only apply if the area to be extended is adjacent to the premises to which the licence applies. A fee of $25.00 must be submitted with notification.
Applicants must submit a written letter to the Town Clerk with the following information:
- Name of business, complete mailing address;
- applicant information, including complete name, telephone number and email address;
- date of event or extension – the extension cannot be more than 14 days in length;
- a map showing the location of business (showing cross streets);
- a drawing of the area currently licensed, and also showing the area of extension;
- type and height of fence being erected;
- dimensions of the area; and
- will it include permanent or temporary tiered seating.
Applicants will be reminded to contact:
- Fire Department - 1144 South Service Road West (between third and fourth line);
- Halton Regional Police - 1151 Bronte Road;
- Halton Health Department - 1151 Bronte Road; and
- Town of Oakville Building Department - 1225 Trafalgar Road.
If the extension will be on Town owned, rented or leased property, an agreement or letter of permission may be required.
Special Occasion Permits
The Clerk’s department reviews notification for special occasion permits for outdoor events. Staff circulate the information to Town Council, departments and outside government agencies to collect comments that may be addressed in a response back to the applicant and the AGCO.
Notification of a special occasion may be submitted by email
- Organization's name;
- contact person;
- date of the event;
- number of people invited or expected;
- will a tent be erected
- will there be music, and the source; and
- example of sketch showing the proposed area.
To obtain a Special Occasion Permit for the sale and service of alcohol at special occasions such as a public event that is not conducted by a registered charity or not for profit entity, the event must be designated as a municipally significant event. An event of municipal significance requires a municipal resolution or a letter from a delegated municipal official designating the event as "municipally significant". Your notification letter must include reason why the event should be deemed as significant. A fee of $25.00 applies.
All fees are subject to Council budget approval.
- Municipal Information Form - $100.00
- Temporary Extension - $25.00
- Special Occasion Permit – seeking the event to be municipal significance $25.00
- Special Occasion Permit – notification – no charge. Should the AGCO request a letter from the Town of Oakville a $25.00 charge will apply
For further information or general information on our role as a governing agency, please contact the Clerk's department, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., by phone, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1225 Trafalgar Road, 2nd Floor
Oakville, ON L6H 0H3
For further information about liquor licence packages or approvals, please contact the AGCO.