Oakville launches 12th Annual Community Spirit Awards
Nominate a community champion today!
The Town of Oakville officially launched the 12th Annual Community Spirit Awards today, encouraging residents to nominate community champions that they admire and appreciate in one of eight award categories.
“Every year Oakville residents spend countless hours volunteering their time to make our town a better place to live,” Mayor Rob Burton said. “We want to hear about these outstanding people, share their stories, and celebrate their contributions to making Oakville even more livable.”
Nominations will be accepted until Monday, April 15, 2013 at 4 p.m. in the following award categories:
- Access Award, sponsored by MEDIchair Halton
- Arts Award, sponsored by The Oakville Beaver
- Environmental Award, sponsored by Tim Hortons
- Group Volunteer Award, sponsored by Sun Life Financial
- Heritage and History Award, sponsored by Genworth Financial Canada
- Individual Volunteer Award, sponsored by Paradiso Restaurant
- Senior Award, sponsored by Chartwell Oakville
- Youth Award, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank
This year’s annual Community Spirit Awards presentation will be held on Wednesday, June 12 at Oakville’s dynamic Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre (QEPCCC). Donna Funnell, a local fibre artist and active member of QEPCCC has been commissioned to create the 2013 Community Spirit awards. Her art quilts are recognized for their intense colour and embellishment of paint, threads and beads.
Nomination forms will be available for pick-up next week at all town facilities and Oakville Public Library branches or can be completed from the Community Spirit Awards page.
For more information contact
Steering Committee Chair
Town of Oakville
905-845-6601, ext. 3976
Senior Communications Advisor
Town of Oakville
905-845-6601, ext. 3005
Sign up for the town's RSS feeds to get information delivered right to your desktop.