Oakville Innovation Awards celebrate excellence in engineering and technology
Six Oakville businesses honoured
The Oakville Innovation Awards were handed out last night at the Oakville Conference Centre to six Oakville businesses for their outstanding contributions in the field of engineering and technology. The award recipients demonstrated excellence in product/process development or research.
The award recipients were:
- Alphora Research Inc. – for their pharmaceutical process improvement
- ATSBiotech Inc. – for their Cool’n tape compression wraps
- Cinema Suite Inc. – for their collection of simulation software tools
- GTRenergy Ltd. – for their power channel wind turbine blades
- Maps BI Inc. – for their data visualization software
- Rendezvous Mobile Inc. – received honourable mention for its social mobile application
“On behalf of Council, congratulations to all the award recipients and a big thank you to everyone who submitted their exceptional work,” said Mayor Rob Burton. “The town is proud to celebrate innovative Oakville companies that contribute to our vision of creating the most livable town in Canada.”
The 25 submissions received were judged on innovation, viability, creativity and sustainability by a panel of experts in the fields of engineering, technology, finance, academia, and research and development.
Winning entries were presented with a one-of-a-kind award created by glass artist and Sheridan College graduate, Tara Marsh.
This recognition program was implemented to inspire the creation of innovative products and celebrate the contributions made by professionals in our community, and was made possible through the partnership of HalTech Regional Innovation Centre, Oakville Chamber of Commerce, Professional Engineers of Ontario - Oakville Chapter, Silicon Halton and the Town of Oakville. Special thanks to the event sponsors — PWC and Siemens Canada.
Sign up for the town's RSS feeds to get information delivered right to your desktop.