Cultural Grants provide $110,000 for local arts community
Twenty-nine local organizations benefit from annual grant program
The Oakville Arts Council recently awarded a total of $110,000 in grants to 29 local not-for-profit arts and culture organizations as part of the Town of Oakville’s Cultural Grants program.
“Council is committed to supporting our vibrant arts and culture community,” Mayor Rob Burton said. We want to ensure our arts and culture groups continue to thrive and enrich the lives of all Oakville residents.”
Administered by the Oakville Arts Council on behalf of the Town of Oakville, the Cultural Grants program assists local not-for-profit arts, heritage and culture groups with their operating and program costs.
The following recipients were selected by the Cultural Grants Review Committee.
- ArtHouse for Children and Youth
- ArtWorks Oakville Association
- Burl-Oak Theatre Group
- Canadian Music Competition-Oakville/Mississauga Chapter
- Carousel of Nations Multicultural Association
- Circle of Harmony Chorus
- Halton Jazz Singers
- Halton Mississauga Youth Orchestra
- High Rendition Youth Jazz Band Inc.
- Intrada Brass of Oakville
- Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre
- Masterworks of Oakville Chorus and Orchestra
- Oakville Art Society
- Oakville Camera Club
- Oakville Chamber Orchestra
- Oakville Chinese Network
- Oakville Choral Society
- Oakville Festivals of Film & Art
- Oakville Improv Theatre Company
- Oakville Sculptors and Woodcarvers Guild
- Oakville Symphony
- Oakville Wind Orchestra Inc.
- Streetwise Actors
- Tempus Choral Society
- The Oakville Childrens Choir
- The Oakville Players
- West End Studio Theatre
- World of Threads Festival
“These groups offer an incredible wealth of programming. Delivered through the tireless dedication of volunteers, residents of all ages are able to access art classes, exhibitions, concerts, plays and more,” said Bernadette Ward, executive director of the Oakville Arts Council. “Kudos to the Town of Oakville for understanding how vital this support is to our local arts and cultural groups.”
The town’s Cultural Grants program has helped more than 62 local arts and culture programs since 1989. For more information about the program or to learn how to apply for funding, contact the Oakville Arts Council at 905-815-5977 or visit the Oakville Arts Council website.
Sign up for the town's RSS feeds to get information delivered right to your desktop.