Nominations now open for 2017 Oakville Community Spirit Awards
The Town of Oakville is once again honouring community champions who positively contribute to the life and spirit of the town. Nominations are now open for the 16th Annual Community Spirit Awards recognizing outstanding individuals, groups and businesses in seven categories.
Nominations will be accepted until Monday, April 10 at 4 p.m. in the following award categories:
- Access Award, sponsored by Access Abilities
- Arts Award, sponsored by The Oakville Beaver
- Group Volunteer Award, sponsored by the Town of Oakville
- Heritage Award, sponsored by Genworth Financial Canada
- Individual Volunteer Award, sponsored by Paradiso Restaurant
- Senior Award, sponsored by Chartwell Waterford Retirement Residence
- Youth Award, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank
This year’s Community Spirit Awards presentation will be held on Wednesday, June 7, 2017, at Oakville’s Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre (QEPCCC). The 2017 Community Spirit Awards will be designed by local illustrator, designer and portrait artist Emily Soden. Emily works closely with oil, acrylic scratchboard and pencils, but her favourite mediums are watercolour and ink. Her commissions are inspired by nature and animals, often showcased as recurring themes in her work.
Nomination forms are available at all town recreation facilities, Town Hall and Oakville Public Library branches, or can be completed online. For more information visit the Community Spirit Awards page.
Sign up for the town's RSS feeds to get information delivered right to your desktop.