Closures due to high lake levels
*Updated - May 25, 2017
Due to safety concerns related to high lake levels, the following areas are closed until further notice:
- All piers
- Coronation Park
- All sports fields
- Bronte Harbour - nightly closure from 8 p.m. - 6 a.m.
- Tannery Park parking lot
- Roadway to Lions Valley Park
- Gairloch Gardens (closed halfway down the park from the parking lot)
- Dingle Park (trail closed from Allan Street to Trafalgar Road)
- Carrington Promenade (westerly portion)
- Oakville and Bronte Harbour launch ramps
- Busby Park launch ramp
- Timber Lane - West Street pathway
- A short section of Water Street adjacent to the Oakville Central Library
Residents are reminded to use caution around creeks, ponds and the lake as possible shoreline erosion can make for slippery and extremely dangerous conditions. Areas that are taped or fenced off have been deemed potentially unsafe and we ask that residents please respect these closures so that no one gets hurt.
If water threatens to flood structures or roadways, please contact ServiceOakville at 905-845-6601 or ServiceOakville@oakville.ca.
Sign up for the town's RSS feeds to get information delivered right to your desktop.