Strategic Work Plan
Council unanimously approved the 2011–2014 Strategic Work Plan on July 4, 2011. The plan builds upon the success of the previous Council's 2007–2010 Strategic Plan, and sets out new actions to help achieve Council's vision for Oakville to be the most livable town in Canada.
The town made great progress in 2011 toward implementing Council’s strategic work plan, with most key initiatives either underway or completed, Council heard at its meeting of January 23, 2012. Staff highlighted that several master plans and major land use studies launched in 2011 are continuing in 2012 and these diverse but interconnected studies are being brought together under the town’s Vision 2057 community planning framework to help achieve Council’s vision for Oakville to be the most livable town in Canada.
Download the documents below for more information.
2011–2014 Strategic Work Plan
2011-2014 Strategic Work Plan (pdf, 976 kB)
- Appendix A: 2011-2014 Strategic Work Plan (pdf, 976 kB)
- Appendix B: 2011 Strategic Plan Progress Report (pdf, 159 kB)
- Appendix C: 2012 Key Initiatives (pdf, 546 kB)
- Appendix D: Public Engagement Guide (pdf, 246 kB)
- Appendix A: Draft Council Strategic Plan and 2011-2014 Work Plan (pdf, 1.1 MB)
- Appendix B: 2007-2010 Strategic Plan Accomplishments (pdf, 4.1 MB)
- Appendix A: Twenty questions directors should ask about strategy (pdf, 400 kB)
- Appendix B: Strategic planning questionnaire (pdf, 39 kB)
- Appendix C: Proposed meeting agenda (pdf, 23 kB)
- Appendix A: 2007-2010 key areas of focus (pdf, 58 kB)
2007–2010 Strategic Plan
2007-2010 Strategic Plan (pdf, 547 kB)