Taxis & Limos
May 21, 2015: The Town of Oakville will be issuing six additional taxicab plates. Review the 2015 notice of issuance of taxicab plates public notice.
Our taxicab drivers are well trained. They are able to help you with general information about points of interest, shopping areas, major public buildings and hotel/motel locations in Oakville and the nearby area. The taxicab by-law and limousine by-law ensure that you will be taken on the most direct route possible to where you are going in a vehicle that is clean, safe and reliable.
There are 105 taxicabs and six wheelchair accessible taxicabs.
Customer's Bill of Rights
A Customer's Bill of Rights is part of the by-law and a copy is put on view in each taxicab. As a customer of this taxicab, you have the right to:
- fast and reliable service
- a polite, expert driver who looks neat and clean
- a safe and comfortable ride in a car that is clean both inside and out, and is in good mechanical condition
- help when needed
- help at all times with groceries, luggage and parcels
- a silent ride if you want one
- a receipt if you want one
Taxicab rates are based on time and distance. Please note the driver cannot change large bills. The following rates have been approved by Council as of October 29, 2012:
- For any distance up to and including the first 130 metres: $4.50
- For each additional 130 metres or less: $0.25
- For each added 30 seconds of waiting time while in use: $0.25
Packages, luggage, etc.
- Each trunk 3 cubic feet (0.76 cubic metres) or larger: included in fare
- Hand baggage, groceries, wheelchairs, walkers, etc.: included in fare
Discount for seniors is 10 per cent
- Proof of age is needed
- Flat rate trips do not get a discount
- Discount not applied on fares below $10
If you have recently had a trip in a taxicab please email your comments to Licensing Services at email@example.com or call 905-815-2010.
General information can be obtained from the Licensing Services section of the Clerk’s department in Town Hall (hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday). You may also email inquiries to Licensing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-815-2010.
Interested in becoming a taxi driver?
Find out what steps you need to take by visiting the how to become a taxi driver page.
Town of Oakville
1225 Trafalgar Road
Oakville ON L6H 0H3