After Hours Emergency Services
The town provides assistance after hours for concerns causing an immediate safety risk to citizens. Simply call ServiceOakville at 905-845-6601.
For police, fire and ambulance assistance, dial 911.
The following are common concerns the town respond to after hours:
- Traffic signal malfunctioning
- Traffic signs knocked down
- Objects blocking the road
- Parking enforcement
- Fallen tree branches on the road or sidewalk
- Very slippery roads
- Open access to a pool – fencing is broken or gate left open
- Vacant building which is open/unsecure
- Building with significant structural damage
- Dead tree in danger of falling and causing damage or injury
- Rental property with no heat in cold temperatures; building temperature cannot maintain 21 degrees with an outside temperature of -18 Celsius or lower
- Rental property flooding or sewage back-up – property management is not responding
- Open trench – more than two feet deep with no fencing
- Open well or hole with no fencing
Other after-hour concerns and who to call:
- Tap water issues – Region of Halton – dial 311
- Private property sewage back-up – Region of Halton – dial 311
- Public health issues – Region of Halton – dial 311
- Noise concerns – Halton Police general line – 905-825-4777
- Animal in distress – Oakville Humane Society - 905-845-1551
- Power outages – Oakville Hydro - 905-825-6354
- Street lights – Oakville Hydro – 905-825-6354
Non-urgent concern? Use our Report a Problem online tool
Make a service request for park garbage or maintenance, graffiti, or road and sidewalk concerns using the town’s Report a Problem online tool.
Requests are assigned within one business day. Inspection times vary depending on the type of problem.