Filming in Oakville

The Town of Oakville's unique charm has made it a growing destination for producers, filmmakers and location managers. With scenic natural assets, picturesque neighbourhoods and historic architecture, the town is the perfect backdrop for the film and television industry.

The Economic Development office provides a one-stop shop for filming in the community. To start the permit process and determine applicable fees, please submit a film request. Then our Film Liaison will contact you to coordinate your upcoming project in Oakville.

Submit a Film Request

Film Request

Connect with Film Liaison

Film Liaison

Review the Film Policy

Film Policy

Commercial filming requirements vary depending on the location and scale of your film project. Review the guidelines and forms below to determine applicable requirements. Once your film location has been selected, Oakville's Film Liaison will work with you to ensure all necessary paperwork is complete.

Please note: a Certificate of Insurance for general comprehensive liability in the amount of $5 million, naming the Town of Oakville as additional insured is a requirement for all commercial film projects.

Filming on Municipal Streets

In addition to the forms listed below, neighbourhood notification and consent is required for film projects taking place on municipal streets. Oakville's Film Liaison will provide you with required communication pieces to seek neighbourhood consent.

Filming in Town Parks and Facilities

  • Facility rental process
  • A minimum of two weeks notice is required; pending availability


UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) and Drones

Review the Government of Canada UAV and drone guidelines to determine whether or not a road closure is required from the Town of Oakville.

Please note: New rules for flying and registering drones in Canada come into effect on June 1, 2019.

May also be Required

Two documents are required for student filming in Oakville. Connect with the Town's Film Liaison to submit required documentation and get started on your film project.

  • Letter from the academic institution confirming program enrolment
  • Certificate of insurance indicating coverage for student(s) filming in Oakville where the Corporation of the Town of Oakville (1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, ON, L6H 0H3) must be listed as an additional insured. Liability coverage should be a minimum of $2 million.

Please note: Student film projects require two weeks notice.

For commercial still photography bookings, please contact the Recreation and Culture Department customer service office:

  • Email:
  • Phone: 905-815-2000
  • In-person: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Oakville Town Hall, 1225 Trafalgar Road

Register your property with the Ontario Film Commission to list your house or other owned real estate asset for filming.

Questions about filming in Oakville?

Contact the Film Liaison for more information on how to get started with your film project.


Explore maps to determine your ideal film location