Harbours Master Plan Engagement
The team of consultants working on the Harbours Master Plan has interviewed various key stakeholders and community groups including residents from throughout Oakville, residents’ associations, Business Improvement Associations (BIAs), environmental and heritage groups, boating clubs and associations as well as the Mayor and Councillors.
Two community workshops were held in May and an informal online survey conducted during the summer was completed by 701 respondents.
This public consultation infographic (pdf) depicts consultation conducted up until September 30, 2016.
Themes that have emerged so far
- Public access to the water’s edge is a must.
- The public should feel welcome at the harbours and there should be activities and attractions for non-boaters.
- The harbours need better connections with surrounding streets, parks, facilities and businesses.
- The harbours should be walkable.
- The natural beauty of the harbours should be maintained.
- There are opportunities for more active uses such as restaurants, retail and recreation.
- Sustainability policies (storm water, climate change) are important.
- There is a need for additional boating facilities and boat slips.
- Canoe clubs and non-motorized boats require improved access to the harbours.
- Investments in the harbours benefit the town as a whole.
Presentations from past meetings
Bronte Marina Stakeholder Focus Group - November 30, 2016
Community Workshops - May 3, 2016
We’re always looking for your comments and ideas. Contact us at email@example.com.