Outdoor Ice Rinks
The town maintains several outdoor neighbourhood skating rinks at town parks for your winter enjoyment. These are unsupervised, use at your own risk, recreational rinks. CSA approved hockey helmets are recommended. Skating is not recommended on all other ponds and creeks. If your neighbourhood wants to establish a rink other than those listed above, it is the residents’ responsibility to maintain the rink. Open the neighbourhood ice rink request form (pdf).
Outdoor rinks are only open for use if weather conditions allow for rink preparation and ongoing maintenance. Open rinks may be closed temporarily for snow-clearing.
Hours of Operation: Outdoor rinks are open from dawn until dusk. Rinks with outdoor lighting are open until 11p.m.
Rinks - Currently open
- Langtry Park – Glen Abbey (west of Third Line)
- Nautical Park - South West Oakville
- Trafalgar Park - refrigerated rink with outdoor lighting behind Trafalgar Park Community Centre, open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. weather permitting daily. To confirm open/closed status of the rink, please contact Trafalgar Park Community Centre at 905-338-4905.
- Recreational skating times: 10 to 11 a.m., noon to 3 p.m., 4 to 6 p.m., 7 to 9 p.m.
- Sticks and puck times: 11 a.m. to noon, 3 to 4 p.m., 6 to 7 p.m.
- Wallace Park - South Central Oakville - outdoor lighting until 11 p.m.
Rinks - Currently closed
- Bloomfield Park – West Oak Trails
- Clearview Park – Clearview
- Glenashton Park - Iroquois Ridge
- Millbank Park - Uptown Core
- Nottinghill Park – Glen Abbey (east of Third Line)
- Sixteen Hollow Park – West Oak Trails
- Windrush Park - Glen Abbey (east of Third Line)
For more information