Photography in Parks
Oakville has many beautiful parks and gardens that provide the perfect backdrop for your professional or commercial photography. Some parks and facilities require a permit for formal photo shoots on municipal property.
Please view the list of parks that require a permit below. Clients are encouraged to visit all prospective photography sites prior to requesting permits and scheduling photo shoots.
To obtain a permit, submit a Photography Park Permit Request Form (pdf) to email@example.com
Park photography permits
Bronte Butterfly Gazebo at Bronte Harbour Park - 2370 Ontario Street
A picturesque waterfront park located on Ontario Street below Lakeshore Road. The Bronte Butterfly Gazebo is an ideal spot for photography.
Erchless Estate - 8 Navy Street
Historic gardens that overlook Oakville Harbour and feature a rock garden and 10,000 annuals on display between June and September. Perennials reflect the 1920s period.
Gairloch Gardens - 1306 Lakeshore Road East
Extensive rose gardens and 15,000 annuals that bloom between June and September.
Oakville Municipal Greenhouse and Conservatory - 1100 Cornwall Road
The greenhouse has a beautiful tropical plant environment featuring Caribbean and South American tropical plants and seasonal displays.
Permit conditions and information
- Photography permits at Erchless Estates, Gairloch Gardens, and the Bronte Gazebo are issued in 90 minute intervals, including arrival and departure times. The Municipal Greenhouse and Conservatory is booked in 60 minute intervals.
- Parking at all photography locations is limited and restricted to designated areas only. Vehicles are not allowed on any grassed areas.
- There is no access to indoor facilities or washrooms.
- Permits must be signed and paid in full to be confirmed.
- Insurance requirements: All permits require proof of insurance. You can take advantage of the community insurance program administered by the Town of Oakville, or provide personal proof of insurance by providing a certificate of Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance in the value of $2 million naming “The Corporation of the Town of Oakville, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville Ontario, L6H 0H3” as an 'Additional Insured'.
Locations that do not require a permit
Nottinghill Park and Shell Park are destination parks that do not require permits. Nottinghill Park has four perennial flower beds in bloom from April to October including an ornamental grass collection and 7,500 annuals. Shell Park has more than 500 blooming roses between June and September and 10,000 annuals in flower from May to September.
For more information contact Facility Bookings