Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and continued need to take action to curb the spread of the virus in our community, the town has decided to put a hold on event applications until March 1, 2021. New event applications are not being accepted at this time.

The Town of Oakville is pleased to offer a selection of beautiful outdoor locations for wedding ceremonies.

Outdoor wedding ceremonies at the following municipal locations require a permit:

  • Bronte Butterfly Gazebo at Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park
  • Picnic Shelter A at Coronation Park
  • Nottinghill Park

It is recommended that anyone interested in booking a Town of Oakville location for their wedding visit and familiarize themselves with the location prior to submitting a booking request. Check out our Wedding Timelines Checklist (pdf) and our Wedding Site Inspection Checklist (pdf).

For more information about booking a Town of Oakville location for your wedding, please contact the town's Special Events Service by phone, 905-845-6601 or email,

Apply for a wedding ceremony permit (please note - new event applications are not being accepted at this time).

Insurance requirements

All wedding ceremonies using Town of Oakville facilities or held on town property must provide the town with a certificate of Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance in the value of $5 million. Clients requiring insurance coverage may add an insurance premium to their event permit for an additional fee.

All rental companies and suppliers providing materials and/or services to the event must be approved by the Town of Oakville, and must provide to the town a certificate of Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance in the value of $5 million naming “The Corporation of the Town of Oakville, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville Ontario, L6H 0H3” as an Additional Insured. This includes, but is not limited to, chair rental companies, florists, decorators, photographers, videographers, DJs, sound equipment companies, etc.

The Town of Oakville retains the right to prohibit the delivery, installation or use of any items or materials on municipal property.

Photo permits

Clients that obtain a Wedding Ceremony Permit for any of the ceremony locations listed above are not required to obtain a wedding photo permit, provided all photos will be taken at the ceremony site during the hours allocated under the Wedding Ceremony Permit.

Wedding photos planned to be taken outside the hours of a Wedding Ceremony Permit, or at a separate photo location requiring a permit (please refer to the Wedding Photography page) must have the wedding photography indicated separately on the Wedding Ceremony Permit.

2020 rental fees

For information about fees, please contact

Booking procedures

To request a permit for a wedding ceremony, please complete and submit a Special Event Application.

Marriage licenses

A marriage license is required to get married in Ontario. For more information about obtaining a marriage license in Oakville, visit the Marriage License page.

Alcohol is not permitted in the gazebo or the parks without permission from the town and the necessary licenses.

Decorations and chairs may be set up in the Bronte Butterfly Gazebo. Candles, flame or fire of any kind is not permitted in the gazebo or the parks. The use of nails to affix decorations to any surface is not permitted. The permit holder is responsible for ensuring that all decorations and materials are removed from the location after the event, and the site is left free of garbage and damage.

All deliveries are to be received and removed during designated permit times. If additional delivery/set up time is required, please ensure these times are indicated on the booking request form.

Staking or spiking anything into the ground at any event site is not permitted.

Engagement and wedding photo shoots at the following municipal locations require a permit:

  • Erchless Estate
  • Gairloch Gardens
  • On a street

No other Town of Oakville parks require a permit for engagement and wedding photo shoots.

We recommend the following “picture perfect” parks:

  • Nottinghill Park – offers beautiful perennial flower beds and an ornamental grass collection
  • Shell Park – boasts more than 500 roses and 10,000 annuals from May to September

For more information about wedding photography permits, please visit the Photography in Parks webpage.

The cancellation of any permit or booking will be accepted in writing at Town Hall within 14 days of the event by emailing

The town will credit any fees paid toward the event booking to the client’s account upon confirmation of the cancellation of the event. To receive a refund of any fees paid, an administrative charge of $10+HST will apply.

If it rains on your event date, the town is unable to issue a credit or refund.