Stormwater Master Plan
Planning ahead so that Oakville is always rain ready!
For fifty years, the town has had a stormwater system in place—and we’ve made a lot of progress! To build on this progress and ensure a long-term vision for stormwater management, we are developing a Stormwater Master Plan called Be rain ready.
This plan is especially essential because there has been an increase in extreme rain in Southwestern Ontario. To protect residents from flooding while also preserving our natural environment, the master plan will help guide us towards a rain ready Oakville:
- The town will have immediate and long-term action steps to continually enhance our approach to stormwater management and address climate change issues.
- Oakville residents will have important tips for how to reduce the risk of flooding on their property.
For details on the town’s stormwater management visit our Stormwater Management page.
This project will be rolled out in three phases
- Phase 1 (completed in 2015): Assessed the condition of the existing stormwater system and collected background data.
- Phase 2 (completed in 2020): Assessed the performance of the existing stormwater system to identify opportunities to decrease flood risk.
- Phase 3 (Winter 2021): Developing and assessing funding strategies to implement the plan.
Phase 1 Storm Sewer Master Plan
Phase 2 Be Rain Ready Stormwater Master Plan
Kristina Parker, P.Eng.
Water Resources Engineer
905-845-6601, ext. 3889