As the province plans for recovery, the town is beginning to carefully and responsibly bring back services and reopen some public spaces, programs and services. Provincial emergency orders and the town’s physical distancing by-law remain in effect. We must all continue to follow guidelines from Public Health officials.
Information about benefits for CUPE Local 1329 retirees can be found in the CUPE Local 1329 Retirees Benefits Booklet (pdf).
Retiree benefit coverage includes extended health care, dental, emergency travel and life insurance coverage of $2,000.
Retiree benefit coverage ceases at the end of the month in which you reach the age of 65.
Employees who voluntarily elect to retire prior to normal retirement age, and are in receipt of a retirement, or permanent partial disability pension from OMERS are eligible for retiree benefits.
If you have up to 19 years of completed service with the town, 80 per cent of the monthly benefit premium will be paid by the town until you turn 65. You will be responsible for the remaining 20 per cent of the premium payment. Arrangements for preauthorized payments must be made with the Pension and Benefits Administrator.
If you have more than 19 years of completed service with the town, 100 per cent of the monthly benefit premium will be paid by the town, and benefit coverage will continue until the retiree turns 65.
If you need to add or remove dependents, or change beneficiary information, please contact the Pension and Benefits Administrator.