Oakville Museum open for pre-booked tours
Following provincial and regional health guidelines, the Oakville Museum at Erchless Estate is now open for pre-booked timed tours. Due to limited room capacity tours are offered for groups of up to six people from the same household. Only one person per group needs to register to attend.
Book online: Oakville Museum Guided Tour
Fee: $12.50 per tour, plus HST
To book a tour visit our registration page for a list of available dates and times. Don't have an iris account? You can open an account online and have instant access. Given the fluidity of the current COVID-19 climate we reserve the right to cancel tours without notice. Full refunds will be issued for tour cancellations only.
What do I need to know before I arrive for my tour?
- Groups should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their tour time. Please wait in the designated area outside the lobby doors.
- All visitors to the Oakville Museum must arrive wearing a non-medical mask or face covering that covers the mouth, nose and chin as per Halton Region By-Law.
- The small rooms, narrow halls and stairways at Erchless Estate make physical distancing challenging. If you or a member of your group has a mask exemption please contact us in advance so we can prepare for your visit.
- Visitors must also be able to confidently pass our COVID-19 screening questionnaire. If you are sick or have travelled in the past 14 days, please stay at home.
- Only those pre-registered for a tour will be permitted inside the Museum. If a member of your group does not have an iris account we will request their contract tracing information upon arrival or you can email us before your visit.
- Entry will be denied if your group size exceeds 6 people.
- The Museum can't guarantee access to latecomers who arrive 10 minutes past their allotted time.
- Visitors must exit the Museum at the end of their scheduled tour time.
- Guided tours are 45 minutes long from entry to exit.
- What's open: Join our expert staff for a fun and fast-paced guided tour of the beautiful Erchless Estate. Learn about Oakville’s founding Chisholm family who called Erchless home and gain insight into Oakville's history.
- What's closed: Due to capacity limits and time constraints the Underground Railroad: Next Stop Freedom video presentation is not available. Temporary exhibits are closed.
- Please note the second floor (Oakville's Black History exhibit and historic bedrooms) can only be accessed by stairs. There is no elevator on site. If you would like to request accommodation in advance please call us at 905-338-4400.
- The gift shop is open but visitors are advised to wash or sanitize their hands after handling any merchandise.
- We request cashless payments (debit or credit cards) when possible.
For more information
Contact the Oakville Museum at 905-338-4400 or email email@example.com