Inspections and plans reviews enforce the life safety standards of the Ontario Building Code and Ontario Fire Code. All fire and life safety requirements must be met.
Fire inspections/reviews are required for:
- Renovations or new construction building approvals
- Private Home Daycare (pdf)
- Complaints of violations and/or a request for a public inquiry into violations
- Discovery of violations or hazardous occupancies
File searches can be requested to see the inspection/compliance history of a building. To request a file search:
- You must be the owner or have permission from the current owner in writing
- Submit your request in writing to Fire Prevention, 1144 South Service Road West, Oakville ON L6L 5T7
- Include your cheque with the appropriate fee, payable to the Oakville Fire department.
Open the 2019 Fire — Emergency Services Rates and Fees (pdf).
New buildings must also complete a Fire Route Application (pdf)
For more information, to book a fire inspection, request a file search, or submit a Fire Route Application, please contact email@example.com or call 905-338-4404.
- All applications to demolish a building go through the Building Services department.
- A demolition permit is required when demolishing a building that is larger than 10 square metres or 107 square feet.
- Demolition must comply with Section 8 of the Ontario Fire Code. No open burning is permitted.
Visit the Building, Planning & Development Application Forms and Guidelines page.
Return to the Fire Safety and Guidelines page.