- The building inspector will:
- Arrive at the site and remain in their vehicle with a device ready to run the Zoom or Google Duo meeting.
- Initiate the virtual inspection with the site contact.
- Request the site contact to video the site address at the start of the inspection.
- Provide direction to the site contact where to point the camera and ask the site contact to verbalize what is being shown while completing the walk-through plan, asking for panoramic views, etc.
- Communicate any deficiencies or issues.
- Indicate if the inspection passed or did not pass.
- Communicate next steps to the site contact.
Note: If for any reason the inspector is unable to complete the virtual inspection, every effort will be made for an inspector to complete the inspection on site the same day. If this is not possible, the inspector will schedule an inspection for the next available business day.
- The contractor or site supervisor will:
- Address any deficiencies or proceed with work as directed by the inspector.
- Prepare for the next inspection and when ready, place request for inspection, ensuring that any changes made after the inspection are re-inspected.
- Provide proof of resolution in a follow-up inspection, or if directed to by the inspector with photographs.