Requirements for Acceptance of Application Non-Residential Demolition Application
If you are applying for a full demolition of a non-residential building, the following items are required:
- Application for a permit to construct or demolish, with required schedules.
- Demolition permit fee (refer to fee schedule for further pricing information).
- Site Plan – showing all existing structures or portion of structure to be demolished
- Structural drawings
- General Review Commitment Form required to be completed by a Professional Engineer when:
- The building exceeds three storeys in building height or 600 square metres (6460 square feet) in building area.
- The building structure is of pre-tension or post-tension members.
- The proposed demolition of within the angle of repose of adjacent buildings
- Explosives or lasers are to be used during the course of demolition.
- Completed Demolition Clearance forms (including all seven signatures)
If you are applying for a partial demolition of a non-residential building, the above list applies and may also require the following items:
- Architectural drawings
- Mechanical drawings
- Plumbing drawings
- Fire protection drawings
- Electrical drawings
If any of the above listed items are missing the permit application will not be accepted.
All drawings must be stamped, dated, signed and accompanied with General Review Commitment Form where required.
Drawings marked “not for construction” will not be accepted.