Temporary On-Street Parking Permit Terms and Conditions
Temporary on-street parking permits provide exemption from
- The three hour parking limit
- No parking between 2 and 6 a.m.
This permit cannot be used to park a vehicle
- On or overhanging a sidewalk
- On a boulevard, median or island
- Facing the wrong direction of traffic
- In such a manner to block another vehicle
- In a fire route
- In a designated accessible parking space
- On private property
- In an area signed No Parking or No Stopping
- Within 1 metre of a driveway
- Within 3 metres of a fire hydrant
- Within 10 metres of an intersection
- Within 15 metres of a bus stop
- In a metered parking space between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- During snow-clearing or road maintenance operations
- Contrary to other parking regulations, signed or unsigned
- For more than 24 hours without moving
A list of parking regulations is available in the violations and fines fact sheet.
This permit is not valid for
- Commercial motor vehicles
- Vehicles with attached trailer
- Un-plated vehicles
- Vehicles with expired plates
- Vehicles with a temporary licence or trip permit
- Inoperable vehicles
- Vehicles leaking/dripping fluids
- Vehicle storage (parking a vehicle on the street for longer than 24 hours without moving is considered vehicle storage)
- Parking where temporary "no parking/no stopping" signs may be posted. These are generally found in areas for a limited time due to a special event
The Town of Oakville is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles while parked on the town road allowance, however caused. This permit does not guarantee parking space. Any alterations to a permit will deem it invalid.