The Tow Truck Licensing By-law 2019-060 sets out requirements for licences, regulates and governs tow truck owners and drivers and repeals By-law No. 1998-7.
Under the terms of the by-law you cannot:
- Carry on a business as a tow truck owner or a heavy tow truck owner, or allow another person to carry on a tow truck business, or hold themselves out as being licensed to carry on said business if:
- They do not hold a business licence issued under this by-law
- They are at a location other than the location for which the licence was issued
- Under any other name than the one on their licence
- Drive a tow truck in the Town of Oakville:
- Without being employed by or under written contract with a licensed tow truck owner or heavy tow truck owner;
- Without being included on the list of drivers provided to the Licensing Commission
- No tow truck owner or heavy tow truck owner shall
- Transfer or assign a licence issued under this by-law
- Obtain a license providing mistaken, false or incorrect information
Non-compliance with the by-law may result in fees and charges under the Administrative Penalty By-law 2021-038.