What's happening at Town Hall - April 28 to May 2, 2014
Fri, 25 Apr 2014
Do you want to know what’s happening at Town Hall? Are you interested in participating in local government? Here’s a highlight of what’s happening April 28 to May 2, 2014.
Location: Town Hall, Council Chamber, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- Public presentations
- Mayor Burton proclaimed May 1, 2014 as "First Responders Day" in Oakville by acknowledging all men and women of Oakville who serve as fire officials, law enforcement and paramedics for putting their lives on the line every day for our community.
- Mayor Burton proclaimed July 20, 2014 as "Gabrielle's Ride Day" in Oakville, inspired by the life of Gabrielle Ide Cinanni, in support of SickKids Foundation for Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Stroke.
- Mayor Burton will acknowledge receipt of the LEED Silver certification received by the Town regarding the new Transit building.
- Presentation by Chris Clapham from the Engineering and Construction department regarding Item 9 - 2014 Active Transportation Capital Program from the Community Services Committee meeting of March 24, 2014.
- Consent items:
- Proposed Removal of "H" Holding Provision Empire Communities, 55, 65 and 71 Speers Road (Formerly 521-549 Kerr Street) - File No.: Z.1616.50, By-law 2014-020
- Joint and Several Liability Reform
- Discussion item:
- Oakville Hydro Quarterly Report and Authorization Request
- New Business:
- Preserving Canada Post Door-to-door Delivery
Heritage Oakville Advisory Committee
Location: Town Hall, Palermo Room, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Public information meeting for a proposed zoning by-law amendment and proposed plan of subdivision at 467 Dundas Street East for Shieldbay Developments Inc.
Location: Town Hall, Bronte Room, 6:30 p.m.