Oakville celebrates virtual National Youth Week from May 1 to 7, 2020
Fri, 01 May 2020
Youth Week is going virtual in Oakville! In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Oakville and community partners will be offering seven days of free virtual fun for youth aged 11 to 19 as part of National Youth Week celebrations from May 1 to 7, 2020.
Highlights of Oakville’s virtual Youth Week include:
Friday, May 1
- Join the Oakville Youth team for Virtual Trivia at 3 p.m. on Zoom.
Saturday, May 2
- Oakville artist Aiden Lee presents “Join the Art Journaling Movement” at 3 p.m. on Zoom.
- Watch Oakville Talent Starz performances through Instagram stories starting at 7 p.m. To submit a performance, post on your personal Instagram and share it with @oakvilleyouth.
Sunday, May 3
- Play “Would You Rather” Youth Edition all day on Instagram (@oakvilleyouth).
Monday, May 4
- Take the Oakville Youth Action Committee (OYAC) ART Challenge on Instagram (@oakvilleyouth).
- Join the Oakville Soccer Club via Facebook Live at 6:30 and 7:15 p.m.
Tuesday, May 5
- Join SAVIS of Halton for Let’s Talk Tuesday’s Youth Week Edition: Q & A on Healthy Relationships at 3 p.m. on Instagram (@savisofhalton).
Wednesday, May 6
- Check out the National Youth Week Art Exhibit by the North Oakville Youth Development Council on Instagram (@northoakydc).
- Learn a delicious at-home recipe during the Youth Week Food Webinar at 1 p.m. on Zoom led by the Halton Environmental Network.
Thursday, May 7
- Join the North Oakville Youth Development Council “Safer Youth Spaces Virtual Award” presentation on Instagram (@northoakydc).
Visit the Youth Week page for a complete list of Youth Week activities including links to get involved. Follow @OakvilleYouth on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more information. Youth can share their Youth Week photos using #OakvilleYouth.