Lakeshore Road East final streetscape design open house December 7, 2017
Thu, 23 Nov 2017
Join us on December 7 to learn more about the final streetscape design
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Town Hall, South Atrium
1225 Trafalgar Road
With Lakeshore Road East (Navy Street to Allan Street) coming to the end of its lifespan and needing a major reconstruction, the town undertook extensive research and public consultation to identify broader opportunities to improve traffic, beautify streets and improve pedestrian/cycle ways in the downtown.
The Lakeshore Reconstruction and Streetscape Project is scheduled to begin in 2019 and the town wants to share with you the final streetscape design before it goes to Council for approval in early 2018.
Information at the Open House will include:
- Final design of vehicle travel lanes, on-street parking, intersections, sidewalks and boulevard areas
- Proposed placement of the Council approved lighting and traditional street furnishings including streetlight poles, benches, bollards and bike rings
- Placement of granite curbs and pavers
- Street tree planting locations
- Intersection treatments including pedestrian crossings (PXO’s)
- Business case for replacing existing streetlight poles
- Options and a recommendation for flexible (curbless) street design
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact Paul Allen before December 4 at 905-845-6601, ext. 4424 (TTY: 905-338-4200), firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our customer feedback form.
For more information
Visit the Lakeshore Road Reconstruction and Streetscape Project page for complete details.