Town opens cooling centre starting July 2, 2020
Wed, 01 Jul 2020
To help residents combat the heat, the town is opening Trafalgar Park Community Centre as a cooling centre from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. from July 2 to July 10, 2020. Temperatures are expected to cool starting on July 11.
This facility will offer an air-conditioned space for people to rest and grab a cool drink (water fountain only). Strict infection prevention and control measures will be in place, including:
- All visitors will be required to complete the town’s Health Screen Protocol and not be observed to exhibit any respiratory or flu-like symptoms before being granted entry.
- Designated areas will be marked off in the lobby area with a minimum of two metre/six feet between each.
- Areas will be numbered and visitors will be assigned to a specific designated area.
- All areas will be cleaned and sanitized between users.
- Washroom and water fountain access will be permitted. These facilities will be monitored, cleaned and sanitized throughout the hours of operation in accordance with Halton Regional Health guidelines
For more information about heat and smog alerts, visit the Halton Region website.