Town Hall lighting recognition events for September 2021
Tue, 31 Aug 2021
The exterior of Town Hall has multi-colour capable LED lights that can be used to display the official colours associated with a charitable or non-profit organization or a town event, in order to create awareness of or celebrate an organization or town event.
When there are no recognition events scheduled, the default lighting is set to Oakville blue.
The following colours will be displayed this month:
- September 1 - Yellow for the launch of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- September 7 - Red for Duchenne Awareness Day
- September 10 - Light blue for Prostate Cancer Awareness
- September 15 - Red for Lymphoma Awareness
- September 19-24 - Green for National Forest Week
- September 25 - Green and blue for MitoCanada
- September 26 - Red for National Coaches Week
- September 28 - Teal for HPV Prevention
- September 30 - Orange for the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
For more information on this process, including an application form to make a lighting request, visit our Building Lighting Recognition Procedure page.