Notice of Passing, proposed Official Plan Amendment, Zoning By-law Amendment and proposed Plan of Subdivision, 2286, 2296 & 2298 Sovereign Street and 124, 126 & 128 East Street

Wed, 20 Dec 2017


East Sovereign GP Inc.
OPA 1728.62, Z.1728.62 and 24T-17001/1728, Ward 1

On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 Council passed By-law 2017-107 under section 34, of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, to amend Zoning By-law 2014-014 and By-law 2017-122 to adopt Official Plan Amendment 21, under section 17(23), of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended at its meeting that commenced on December 4, 2017 and was completed on December 5, 2017.

The purpose and effect of these applications is to permit redevelopment of the subject lands with a 19 unit townhouse development.

The subject parcel of land is located on the south side of Sovereign Street west of East Street.

Council’s decision reflects the written and oral submissions received from the public and they have been appropriately addressed.

Any appeals to the proposed official plan amendment and zoning by-law amendment must be filed with the Town Clerk at 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, ON, L6H 0H3; must set out the reasons for the appeal; and must be accompanied with a certified cheque or money order in the amount of $300.00 payable to the Minister of Finance.  A copy of the appeal form is available from the Ontario Municipal Board page.

The proposed official plan amendment is exempt from approval by the Regional Municipality of Halton. The decision of the Town of Oakville Council is final if a notice of appeal is not received on or before the last day for filing a notice of appeal.

Only individuals, corporations or public bodies may appeal a by-law to the Ontario Municipal Board. A notice of appeal may not be filed by an unincorporated association or group. However, a notice of appeal may be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or the group on its behalf.

No person or public body shall be added as a party to the hearing of the appeal unless, before the by-law was passed, the person or public body made oral submissions at a public meeting or written submissions to Council c/o the Town Clerk or, in the opinion of the Ontario Municipal Board, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.

The public may view planning documents and background material at the Planning Services department between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or online on the development application page.

Questions may be directed to:

Paul Barrette
Senior Planner
Planning Services Department
905-845-6601, ext. 3041 (TTY 905-338-4200)

The personal information accompanying your submission is being collected under the authority of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended, and can form part of the public record which may be released to the public.