Notice of Passing for proposed official plan amendment at The North West Area and Palermo Village, not including the Hospital District for the Town of Oakville
Tue, 27 Apr 2021
42.24.23, Wards 1, 4 and 7
On Monday, April 12, 2021, Town Council passed By-law 2021-043, which adopted Official Plan Amendment 34, under section 21(1), of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended.
The Director of Planning Services and Chief Planning Official for the Regional Municipality of Halton (Halton Region, 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, ON L6M 3L1) is the approval authority to which the proposed official plan amendment will be submitted for approval.
The purpose of the proposed amendment is to move the North Oakville West Secondary Plan area (other than the Hospital District and the lands excluded by deferral by Council on March 22, 2021) from the 1984 Oakville Official Plan to the Livable Oakville Plan, incorporate policies for those lands, and establish modified policies for an expanded Palermo Village Growth Area.
The effect of the proposed amendment to the 1984 Oakville Official Plan is to repeal the plan and policies as they apply to lands within the North Oakville West Secondary Plan area other than the Hospital District and the lands excluded by deferral by Council on March 22, 2021.
The effect of the proposed amendment to the Livable Oakville Plan is to:
- update schedules to include the North Oakville West Secondary Plan area, other than the Hospital District and the lands excluded by deferral by Council on March 22, 2021, as part of the Livable Oakville Plan area, based on previously applicable policies and schedules of the North Oakville West Secondary Plan, including a new “Schedule B2, North West Natural Heritage System Key Areas”
- introduce a new “Schedule K, North West Land Use” to apply land use designations from the Livable Oakville Plan including Business Employment, Natural Heritage System, and Parks and Open Space, and identify future roads
- revise the plan’s introduction and general policies to recognize the lands added to the Livable Oakville Plan area
- introduce area-specific policies for the “North West Area” based on context and previously applicable policies of the North Oakville West Secondary Plan
- update schedules to identify a revised boundary for the Palermo Village Growth Area, including lands north of Dundas Street, and introduce a replacement Palermo Village land use schedule providing for a mix of uses including residential, civic and commercial uses, and future roads, and also a new area-specific urban design schedule
- update and revise the goal, objectives and development concept for Palermo Village, as well as functional, urban design, land use, exception and implementation policies, to enable redevelopment that is contextually appropriate, including associated development densities and revised building heights;
- update transportation policies for Palermo Village to address the required transit terminal, proposed new roads, and active transportation
- introduce cultural heritage policies for Palermo Village to support the conservation of its cultural heritage resources
- update stormwater management policies for Palermo Village to address location, design and function
- update policy language for expressing growth targets for Palermo Village as a minimum planned density to be determined as part of future conformity matters
- introduce housing policies for Palermo Village to encourage a mix of building and unit types and sizes, including features to enhance livability
The subject land is North West Area and Palermo Village, not including the Hospital District and the lands excluded by deferral by Council on March 22, 2021.
To receive notice of Halton Region’s decision:
Any person or public body will be entitled to receive notice of the decision of the approval authority if a written request to be notified of the decision (including the person’s or public body’s address, or email address) is made to the Manager of Planning Policy for the Regional Municipality of Halton at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, ON L6M 3L1.
To review supporting materials and ask questions:
The public may view planning documents and background material online.
Questions may be directed to Kirk Biggar, Senior Planner, Planning Services department at 905-845-6601, ext. 3968 (TTY 905-338-4200), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information accompanying your submission is being collected under the authority of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended, and can form part of the public record which may be released to the public.