The historic buildings of Erchless Estate were once home to Oakville’s founding family but are now the setting for Oakville's community museum. Colonel William Chisholm, an enterprising merchant and shipbuilder, founded the town and built Erchless overlooking his new harbour and Lake Ontario.
Today, visitors can still enjoy that magnificent view and explore the beautiful buildings, grounds and gardens of Erchless. The Oakville Museum offers guided tours of the Chisholm family home, changing exhibitions, special events and programs that tell the fascinating stories of our town.
You can also visit our satellite exhibition gallery at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre.
For more information please visit the appropriate page below.
- Exhibits and Collections – Current and upcoming exhibitions
- Programs and Events – Museum programs, workshops and family-friendly special events
- School and Community Programs – School programs, community group bookings and private tours
- History – History of Erchless Estate and a biography of Oakville's founding family
- Support – Volunteer opportunities, sponsorship and donations
8 Navy Street, Oakville, ON L6J 2Y5
Museum reception: 905-338-4400
For staff contacts, search for town employees using the interactive staff directory.
Email general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Hours of Operation